The Mudwater Archaeology Society was created for those individuals interested in the study and preservation of United States maritime history.
The MAS endeavors to:
- reconnect people and communities with their lost and forgotten maritime history
- conserve and protect submerged culural resources
- promote education and research in the field of underwater archaeology with added emphasis on archaeology involving low visibility and heavily silted water
- provide training in both terrestrial and water-based educational field schools for underwater site surveys
- work in cooperation with other organizations and civic groups interested in our underwater archaeology resources